Land Conflict Watch is looking for one Researcher, Land and Forest Governance.
The position would entail producing research for Land Conflict Watch (www.landconflictwatch.org) on the subjects of land, forest and natural resources governance (“research areas”) and contributing to the data research activities of LCW from time to time.
Work place: New Delhi (preferred)
Remuneration: INR 55,000 per month
Period: Probation for two months, followed by a one-year contract.
Work commitment: Full-time assignment
- Writing at least one policy brief every month on a pertinent issue related to the research areas. The policy briefs would be written in a language and style that is accessible to the general readership and not just the research community. (80% of the time)
- Contributing to writing social media, newsletter and other such public-facing output based on the policy brief and other data research work of LCW. (10% of the time)
- Contributing to other data research activities of LCW. (10% of the time)
The researcher would be required to remain updated with information, knowledge and important developments in the research areas. The policy briefs would be typically of 1,500-2,500 words in length and consist of both in-depth policy analysis and field work, as may be required. The researcher would be encouraged to publish findings of the policy research for the general information of interested readers in India and abroad.
- At least 02 years’ experience of covering the research areas as a journalist or researcher.
- Prior experience or knowledge of research areas.
- Prior experience in field work.
- Good writing, editing and communication skills in English. Proficiency in any other language spoken in India would be highly preferred.
- Ability to connect policies, laws and regulations with the lived reality of land and resources conflicts.
- A commitment to working in a small organisation and contributing as a stakeholder in its growth.
- Basic understanding of social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and experience in drafting professional posts for the platforms.
We encourage candidates from socially-disadvantaged backgrounds and all genders to apply.
Interested candidates may send their CV, at least two work samples (at least one unedited) and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 28, 2021. Candidates would also be required to appear for a research and editing test and an interview.