TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Website: Landconflictwatch.org (hereinafter referred to as “Website”) and the contents available on the Website are owned and operated by Nut Graph LLP (hereinafter referred to as “NGL”)
Through the present terms and conditions, NGL allows the users access to monthly policy briefs, exclusive behind-the-scenes interaction with the writers of the policy brief, complimentary access to Land Watch Conflict’s biweekly newsletter. The terms 'Company' or 'us' or 'we' refer to the owners of this Website. The term 'you' refers to the subscriber of the Services on the Website.
The Company provides the Services subject to the notices, terms, and conditions set forth in these Terms and Conditions. In addition, when you subscribe to the Services, you will be subject to the rules, guidelines, policies, terms, and conditions applicable to such Services, which will be deemed to be incorporated into these Terms by reference. The Company reserves the right to change or modify the Website, the contents thereof and these Terms at any time without any prior intimation to you. All modifications will be posted on the Website and will become effective immediately upon such posting to the Website. These Terms were last modified on August 1, 2020.
You will be eligible to subscribe to the Services on the Website only if you are competent to contract under the Indian Contract Act, 1872. A person is competent to contract under the Indian Contract Act, 1872, if he/she is above eighteen (18) years of age, is of a sound mind and is not disqualified from contracting by any law to which he/she is subject.
It is a single user subscription. The Company reserves the right to terminate the subscription at any time if it is found that you have been sharing the password with any unauthorised user.
- Subscription services include access to monthly policy briefs, exclusive behind-the-scenes interaction with the writers of the policy brief, complimentary access to Land Watch Conflict’s biweekly newsletter (“Subscription Services").
- A preview is available to all viewers of the Website but access to monthly policy briefs and exclusive features of the Website are available to paid subscribers of the Subscription Services alone.
- By submitting your payment and other subscription details, you are making an offer to us to buy a subscription. Your offer will only be accepted by us and a contract formed when we have successfully verified your payment details and email address, at which point we will provide you with access to your subscription. The Company reserves the right to reject any offer in its discretion, for any or no reason.
- The subscription fees and any other charges due from you in connection with your subscription for the Subscription Services (including any applicable taxes) shall be as per the rates in effect at the time at which it is charged ("Subscription Fees").
- When you purchase a subscription with the Website, you must provide us with complete and accurate payment information. By submitting payment details, you promise that you are entitled to purchase a subscription using those payment details. If we do not receive payment authorization or any authorization is subsequently cancelled, we may immediately terminate or suspend your access to your subscription. In suspicious circumstances we may contact the issuing bank/payment provider and/or law enforcement authorities or other appropriate third parties. If you are entitled to a refund under these terms and conditions, we will credit that refund to the card or other payment method you used to submit payment, unless it has expired in which case, we will contact you.
- The Company uses the services of third-party payment service providers to process your payment of the Subscription Fees. Accordingly your usage of such third party services shall be in accordance with the terms and conditions of adopted and implemented by such service provider, and the Company shall not be responsible for any failed or incomplete fulfilment of any payment instructions issued by you through such service provider or any actions taken by the Company in respect of the same.
- Subscription Fees will be billed at the beginning of your subscription and any renewal of your subscription. As a general matter, all our fees and charges are non-refundable. We reserve the right to issue refunds or credits at our sole discretion. If we do issue a refund or credit, we are under no obligation to issue the same or similar refund in the future.
- The current schedule of Subscription Fees is available at www.landconflictwatch.org/contribute. We may revise the Subscription Fees from time to time and/or across geographies.
- Unless otherwise indicated, prices stated on our website are inclusive of applicable taxes.
Term, Renewal, Cancellation
- You can choose a subscription of the term and duration offered by the Company as listed in the schedule of Subscription Fees referenced above. These Terms shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Services. Your subscription will renew automatically until it is cancelled in accordance with this section. For annual subscriptions, we will notify you of the pending renewal of your subscription at least 15 days prior to the date your subscription renewal, except as otherwise required by law. For all subscriptions, you must cancel your subscription before it renews in order to avoid billing of subscription fees for the renewal term.
- If you chose to pay annually, at least 15 days before each renewal, a reminder notice shall be sent to you stating the rate that will apply for the renewal period. Unless you notify us before the end of your annual subscription period that you no longer wish to receive it, your annual subscription will renew for another year. We will charge the subscription using the same card or other payment method that you previously used.
- You do not have any right to cancel your subscription or any part of it until the end of your then current subscription period. Although you may notify us of your intention to cancel at any time, such notice will only take effect at the end of your then current subscription period, and you will not receive a refund (except in the limited circumstances set out in these Terms). You may notify us of your wish to cancel your subscription by contacting our team at email@example.com. You must provide at least 5 business days advance notice for this to be implemented.
- This Website is controlled and operated by the Company. All materials, including policy briefs, research data, opinions, views, photographs, products, images, artwork, designs, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio and video clips (collectively, "Content") can be used for academic and journalistic purpose with due credit to ‘Land Conflict Watch’.
- You further agree to abide by exclusionary protocols (e.g., Robots.txt, Automated Content Access Protocol (ACAP), etc.) that may be used in connection with the Services. You may not access parts of the Services to which you are not authorized, or attempt to circumvent any restrictions imposed on your use or access of the Services.
- As a general rule, you may not use the Content, including without limitation, any Content made available through one of our RSS Feeds, in any commercial product or service, without our express written consent.
- You may not create apps, extensions, or other products and services that use our Content without our permission. You may not aggregate or otherwise use our Content in a manner that could reasonably serve as a substitute for a subscription to the Website.
- You may not access or view the Services with the use of any scripts, extensions, or programs that alter the way the Services are displayed, rendered, or transmitted to you without our written consent.
- You agree not to use the Services for any unlawful purpose. We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your access to the Website if, in our opinion, your use of the Services may violate any laws, regulations or rulings, infringe upon another person's rights or violate these Terms.
Limitations of content published on the Website
All content created by the Company, its syndication partners and including Contributed Content and any other content provided by third parties and distributed by the Website, does not constitute any form of advice, recommendation, representation, endorsement or arrangement by the Company. It is not intended to be and should not be relied upon by users in making (or refraining from making) any specific investment, purchase, sale or other decisions. Appropriate independent advice should be obtained before making any such decision, such as from a qualified specialist.
Warranty and Liability Disclaimer
- The Website, all the materials and Services, included on or otherwise made available to you through this Website is provided by the Company "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or warranties, express or implied except otherwise specified in writing. Without prejudice to the forgoing paragraph, the Company does not warrant that:
Accuracy of Information
The information presented on this Website has been compiled by the Company from various sources including from external sources. No representation is made or warranty given as to the completeness or accuracy of such information. This Website may contain typographical errors, incomplete or out of date information. The Company reserves the right to make changes to the Content, Contributed Content and information on this Website, or to the services described therein, or update such information at any time without notice, but the Company makes no commitment to correct or update this information.
This Website, including the Content and Contributed Content and information contained herein, and the provision of Services shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of India and the courts of New Delhi, India shall retain exclusive jurisdiction to entertain any proceedings in relation to any disputes arising out of the same. As such, the laws of India shall govern any transaction completed using this Website.
Information Gathered and Tracked
Information submitted or collected on the Website or pursuant to the use of the Services is stored in a database. Specifically, we store the username, name, e-mail address, contact number, as submitted or collected on our Website or through the provision of the Services. We may use such information to send out mailers, including updates on our products and services.
In accordance with the Information Technology Act 2000, the name and the details of the Grievance Officer at Nut Graph LLP is provided below:
Kumar Sambhav Shrivastava
Designated Partner, Nut Graph LLP